The Center for Research and Studies on Kuwait is a non-profit foundation that aims at accomplishing the following objectives:
* To prepare and publish research and studies related to the history of Kuwait, its heritage and its social and political affairs and to traditional and regional relations.
* To develop a sophisticated library of resources, documents, books, periodicals, research, studies and statistics in different languagess related to Kuwaits history and its statehood.
* To collect and file available resources, documents and studies related to the Iraqi aggression on Kuwait. These are investigated and analyzed scientifically so as to expose to the world the brutal practices committed by the defunct Iraqi regime against Kuwait and refute its allegations.
* To Monitor all that is published or broadcast about Kuwait, highlighting the Arab, international and Kuwaiti public opinion about Kuwait and its participation in domestic, Arab and international development through all possible means.
* To edit a scientific journal specialized in Kuwaiti affairs, and organize symposia, exhibitions and scientific events and other media to present an overall picture of the origins from which Kuwait derived its identity, distinction and humanitarian nature as well as its development through history.
Guided by these aims the Center for Research and Studies on Kuwait presents to the reader its Publications Catalogue that provides an access of the research and studies about Kuwaits traditions, its communitys true to life situations, its development through history, and biographies of its scholars and pioneers.
The Center consolidates its relationship with national libraries, universities and international academic centers which are concerned with the Middle East research via visits and exchange of publications.
This series of publications published by the Center and drawn from wide-ranging sources, are established by a team of expert scholarly researchers and are translated into many foreign languagess so that the reader can have before him the image of the authentic original document. The books are remarkable for the broad view they convey and the great deal of information they provide.
We will be glad to send free further information in the form of leaflets, details of contents, special quotations and publications. CRSK appreciates your writing, phoning, faxing or e-mailing your instructions or your inquiry.
The Centers Activities
First: Studies and Research related to Kuwait Civilization and Legacy
- Recount all dimensions related to Kuwaits existence and its Arab and foreign relations.
- Analyze documents and historic maps related to Kuwait in different sources.
- Cover topics related to Kuwait statehood and boundaries as well as disputes and challenges Kuwait faced in different historical periods.
- Reveal authenticated studies of Kuwait society and economic, cultural, and maritime activities and their development aiming at discerning the different epochs.
- CRSK, inter alia, has published authenticated biographies of Kuwaiti dignitaries and pioneers describing their achievements in scientific, cultural and political domains for the well being of the coming generations.
- CRSK , also, is after futuristic studies which deal with economic, social, political horizons of Kuwait’s society in the light of the international and regional developments and their reflections on the activities of Kuwait establishments and foundations.
Second: Analytical Studies of the Iraqi Practices and plans in Occupied Kuwait
Analyzing and scrutinizing of the collection of documents left behind by the Iraqi aggression agencies after being ousted from Kuwait disclosed astounding facts of the Iraqi demeanour.
The systematic sabotage Iraq carried out against the cultural and educational foundations such as schools, universities, the press, institutions and other foundations and agencies, as well, was documented by CRSK to spread awareness of its severity to the humanitarian society.
Third: Addressing Iraqi Allegations
CRSK cooperated with other State agencies and countered both Iraqs allegations that it has historical rights in Kuwait, and its denial of Kuwaits contributions to Arab development. The Center refuted Iraqi justifications to invade Kuwait.
Fourth: Cultural and Informative Activities
- CRSK participated in numerous conferences, seminars and book exhibitions and consolidated its relationship with several international scientific centers and institutions via visits and information exchanges and mutual activities.
- Besides, CRSK introduces political and media training courses to state officials about political, historical, and heritage relations.
- Lectures about Kuwaiti history and its heritage and of the world around us are delivered to secondary and intermediate school students.
- A number of documentary films about Kuwait’s events are prepared.
- CRSK submits consultations and creates convincing research and studies related to the various needs of those bodies.
- Relying on its competent network of correspondents in the USA, UK, and RFU, CRSK issues periodical reports dealing with local state affairs, problems and relations with great powers related to Kuwait, Gulf States and Iran. Approximately huge issues of these analytical periodical reports (eg till 5/10/2009: 180 from UK, 231 from Russia and 200 from USA) have been published and distributed on designated bodies.
- CRSK issues a journal entitles “Risalat al-Kuwait” (Kuwait News) which publishes Kuwait’s old documents, old history incidents, new foreign and Arab books added to its library, articles talking about Kuwait etc.
Fifth: The Center Publications
CRSK is keen to publish its research and studies and exchange them with the concerned personnel, has confirmed, via its publications, relationship with other matching centers, mails its publications to many national libraries, universities and centers interested in the Middle East research. CRSK has issued about 274 publications in different languagess till October 2009 not only printed but also recorded on CDs.